Veteran Housing

Mid Columbia Community Action is  the owner and operator of the Hamilton Veteran Housing facility located on West 2nd Street in The Dalles. The former motel is now an eight unit Veteran housing facility designed to provide permanent housing for homeless Veterans.

The one bedroom apartments require the tenants to pay $570 per month rent with all utilities included (electricity, water/sewer, garbage). There is also a laundry room on site.

There is normally a lengthy list of applications from people who are waiting for one of the units to become available. 

Applications can be obtained at the MCCAC office located at 312 East 4th St. in The Dalles or 205 Wasco Loop #101 in Hood River.



Recipients of MCCAC's housing program funds are asked to consent that their household data be entered into a computerized record-keeping system called ServicePoint, which is managed by Northwest Social Service Connections (NWSSC). The following is NWSSC's  Privacy notice, adopted and slightly edited by MCCAC.

  • Our agency enters personal and demographic information about you into a computerized record-keeping system.

  • The information is used to plan delivery of services & to provide statistical information for setting goals and showing outcomes.

  • The information you provide will be used for administrative and operational purposes, to improve, provide and coordinate services.

  • The information you provide will be used for functions related to payment or reimbursement for services, to monitor program effectiveness, and to prepare reports and statistical information without personal identifying information.

  • You have a right to refuse to let us enter and share your household data. If you have safety concerns, please share these with a staff member.You will not be denied services even if you refuse to consent to share your data.

  • Your personal information may be seen and shared among staff members, select community service providers, and either system administrators or program funders who maintain the computerized record-keeping system.

  • You have a right to see your electronic record and ask for any corrections.

  • You have a right to file a grievance if you feel you have been harmed in some way by the use of the computerized data system.

 For more information contact or, in Hood River, contact


Back to Top

For technical questions and comments regarding this website,
please contact the Webmaster.