Supportive Services for Veteran Families 

The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program is funded by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.  Mid Columbia Community Action Council, sub-grantee to Community Action Partnership of Oregon, administers SSVF in Hood River, Sherman and Wasco Counties.  The program provides supportive services for low or very low-income veteran families residing in or transitioning to permanent housing.

These services are designed to increase the housing stability of veteran families that are at-risk of or are experiencing homelessness.  A Veteran family may be comprised of a single individual or of multiple persons.  The head of household or the spouse of the head of household must be a veteran.

The mission of the MCCAC SSVF program is to help end veteran homelessness in our communities through informed application of the housing first model and rapid re-housing/homeless prevention services. 


Head of household or spouse of head of household must be a veteran. *

Household annual income cannot exceed 50% of the  County area median income (AMI)

Household must be homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless**

Household needs only short-term temporary assistance to stabilize permanent housing

*Veteran is defined as a person who has served in any branch of the Active Duty United States military who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.

**Homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless is defined as one of the following:

– At risk of losing permanent housing within 14 days (ie. possess an eviction notice or scheduled eviction court date)

– Residing in a “Double up” situation and be able to provide a signed letter from lease holder that states need to vacate unit within 14 days

– Residing in housing that is not meant for human habitation (i.e. park, street, condemned housing)

– Currently living in a shelter or other transitional housing program serving the homeless

– Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence


Documentation required to enroll in SSVF:

· Photo ID for all adults in the household

· DD Form 214 that shows discharge status (SSVF cannot serve individuals with a dishonorable discharge)

· Proof of all household income

· Copies of lease or landlord agreement (if currently housed)

· Copy of 72-hour notice or court ordered move out date if applicable

· Social Security cards of all members of the household

· Other information as needed by intake staff to determine eligibility


Our Case Manager / Outreach Coordinator is Amanda Ramey. She can be reached at (541) 298-5131, extension 202, or by email at